Thursday, July 17, 2008

Driving 55...



I've been driving 55 the last few weeks. Just put the cruise control on 55 and let it, well not fly, but hopefully save some gas.

One thing I have noticed is that I'm not passing anyone. Haven't passed anyone on the highway in two weeks. And, when I first did this driving 55 thing, I felt like I was doing something illegal by driving the speed limit.

Driving 55 on cruise control has its benefits. I can drive the 18 miles on US 422 from Pottstown, PA the King of Prussia, PA and never have to put the brakes on. I get passed by everyone. Just have to watch on of the Bozo's, sorry Bozo, doing 80 doesn't rear-end me.

I have been getting close to 30 mpg on my old (130,000 plus miles) Hyundai. But, I want more.

I've even been doing the now air conditioning in town.

No comments: